Thursday 29 November 2012

Canary Wharf Architecture

Normally I avoid symmetrical compositions, but this shot was just begging for one!
 
This is a building in Canary wharf which had a large amount of construction going on just in front of it. The only way to get a clean shot of it was to use an ultra wide angle fisheye lens - in this case the wonderful Canon 8-15mm f4L fisheye zoom racked all the way back to 8mm.
 
To cope with the contrast in the scene I shot three frames and different exposures and merged them in photomatix. I didn't have a tripod with me, so I set AEB and used the highest frame rate possible on my 7D.
 
Finally I applied a little NR in Lightroom and put a white vignette around the edge using maximum 'roundness' to fit the black left by the fisheye.
 
 
Canon EOS 7D, f/5.6 @ 8 mm, 1/320, ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment