Saturday 26 November 2011

Tilted statue

I'm borrowing Bob Latham's 45mm TS-E lens at the moment with the intention of trying some portraits with it soon. In the absence of a model, I thought I'd try a statue!

I took a series of 5 bracketed shots on the 1DsII and chose three of them to merge into an HDR. I wasn't happy with the grey-look of the statue so I used the adjustment brush in Lightroom (with help from the auto-mask option) to lighten the statue. The pre-Lightroom adjust (but post HDR) version is below for comparison!

Notice how the horizontal tilt on the lens has rendered the left hand side of the shot out of focus, but a plane of sharp focus has extended to the background on the right hand side.

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II, f/4 @ 45 mm, ISO 100

Pre-Lightroom adjustments:


No comments:

Post a Comment