Wednesday 5 June 2013

Canon 5D Mark III first impressions and Taunton Centre

Unfortunately my 5D Mark II suffered a fall onto a hard surface, but insurance came to the rescue and provided me with a 5D Mark III.

I really like the camera on first impressions. It feels very rugged and nice & chunky in my large hands. The LCD screen is excellent and zooming in to the subject gives you confidence you've hit focus when review shots. The layout of the menus is better (clearer) than any previous Canon SLR I've used and aside from a few minor changes to button layout I'm already feeling at home.

I thought I'd try the in-camera HDR for this shot. Interestingly it still saves the three seperate Raw files so I could process them again if I wished.


Canon 5D Mark III, 85L @ f/1.2, ISO 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment