Saturday 5 May 2012

Man in thought candid

My first post from the 5D Mark II. I've recently exchanged my 1DsII for a 5D Mark II. The 1DsII is a heavier, more professionally built camera, but using manual focus lenses is sometimes easier in Live View (missing on the 1DsII) and the larger LCD on the 5D II means I can be confident I've nailed focus when using the viewfinder as was the case with this shot.

This gentleman did not look terribly happy and was clearly lost in thought. To capture the loneliness and emotion I cropped heavily to give space around the subject without other clutter. I used a thin depth of field by shooting at maximum aperture on the Zeiss 100mm. (f/2.0)

I converted to Sepia and then tweaked the levels of what would have been different colours in the original shot. Finally I added a mild vignette.


Canon EOS 5D Mark II, f/2 @ 100 mm, 1/2000, ISO 100, No Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment