Wednesday 8 February 2012

2012_52 Week 6 - Industry

Industry -



The construction industry is very visible in the Middle East where I am on business at the moment - they are throwing up skyscrapers at an amazing speed.



For this shot I surreptiously crept onto a building site in Doha, Qatar. It was night and I didn't have a tripod so I perched my camera on a breeze-block and set it to bracket 3 frames -3,-2,-1 EV if I recall correctly. I then blended the shots in Photomatix.



The HDR process accentuates noise so I corrected this in Lightroom before uploading.



If I'm being picky I might have prefered to avoid the hosepipe partially obscuring the vehicle. Unfortunately I was restricted on shooting position and in some ways I think it adds depth to shot.

FinePix X100, f/2.8 @ 23 mm, 3 exposures, ISO 1600

2 comments: