Tuesday 3 January 2012

Project for 2012 - a '52 - Week 1 - Direction

This is a project for 2012 - I enjoyed doing the photo-a-week project back in 2010 (see here) and fancied trying again this year.

Each week a new theme is posted. Participants then take a photo to match the theme and post it in a thread for others to comment.

The 'TalkPhotography' discussion thread is here

Rather than go with my first instincts of signposts or someone pointing, I thought I'd imply interest in a direction outside the frame.

I was deliberately challenging myself here shooting handheld with my Zeiss Makro Planar T* 100mm f/2 ZE. It is a manual focus lens so I thought wildlife might be 'interesting'.

Shooting at f/2 I was pleased with the sharp focus and narrow depth of field. I cropped slightly in Lightroom to put the eye on the thirds.

Week 1 - Direction
What the hell's that up there?


Canon EOS-1D Mark III, f/2 @ 100 mm, 1/1250, ISO 400, Flash



3 comments: